DUI Lawyer in Sacramento
Over a Decade of Defending Clients’ Rights
If you are operating a vehicle and a police officer suspects you are under the influence, you could be facing criminal penalties. Whether or not you felt you were driving unsafely, the law has statutes in place to convict you of a crime and deliver penalties that could hurt your future. You need help from a Sacramento DUI attorney who can stand strong in support of your interests. At Donato Legal Group, we are here to help you protect yourself and avoid the consequences of a conviction. Call today and schedule a free consultation to get help.
Were you arrested for drunk driving? Dial (916) 318-5997 to schedule a FREE consultation with Donato Legal Group today.
Avoiding a Conviction
While most DUIs don’t result in prison sentencing, California is tough on drunk and impaired drivers. Implied consent laws mean you must undergo a blood alcohol content (BAC) test or have your license automatically revoked. By having a Sacramento DUI lawyer on your side, you can increase your chances at a more favorable outcome by avoiding some of the consequences that come with a conviction of DUI.
If you are convicted of DUI, you could face:
- Suspension of your driver’s license
- Vehicle confiscation
- Having an interlock installed on your car
- Jail time
While these consequences are temporary, they can cause serious disruptions to your life. You need help from an attorney who can do whatever is needed to protect your future.
How We Help Our Clients
While DUIs are dangerous offenses that put other people’s lives at risk, it may be possible to find better ways than fines or jail time to avoid major disruptions to your life. Donato Legal Group has experience helping clients like you get through these challenges.
We may be able to help a judge decide to sentence you with:
- Probation: For first-time offenders, you may be able to avoid a DUI conviction by pleading guilty to what is called a “wet reckless.” Rather than having your license revoked, you will simply pay a fine and obtain a special license to drive to necessary places such as work or school.
- DUI school: While this is often in tandem with other sentences, it may be possible to limit the sentence of your crime by attending classes geared toward helping you see the dangers of impaired driving.
- Installing an interlock: You may be able to have your car modified to prevent you from being able to start it while drunk.
- Community service: By giving your time back to the people you endangered, you may be able to have your sentence reduced.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Call today to get started on your case. During your initial case review, we can go over the details of what happened to help you improve your situation. There may have been more to your arrest than what police initially noted. By getting to know you and your situation, we can help you tell your side of the story in a compelling way. Our goal is to help you increase your chances at a favorable outcome. Call today to get started on planning your case.
Dial (916) 318-5997 now or contact us online to schedule your free consultation with the Sacramento DUI attorney at Donato Legal Group.